Points to consider when embarking upon a web project, and web communication reference materials compiled by Motive field agents.
Guides on how to approach web projects and commissioning web communication services.
Website design and maintenance
- Tips on choosing a website address
- Should you name your website after your organisation, product or service? Should you register a dot-co-dot-nz, or dot-com address? Pointers and pitfalls in one handy guide.
- Naming website folders and files
- Recommendations for naming folders and files, including HTML files (webpages), image files, and PDF and Word documents.
- Online payment options (for New Zealand small businesses, SME)
- Written with New Zealand small– to medium–sized businesses in mind, this guide provides an introduction to: payment processing; setting up a merchant account; and payment gateways.
- Web typography
- Specimen screens showing typefaces commonly used in web design, including weights and methods of controlling text size using Cascading Style Sheets (CSS).
- The Motive Web Design Glossary
- Demystifying the jargon of web communication, our glossary includes entries on philosophy, web design concepts, technical standards and technologies.
- New Zealand and Pacific search
- A directory of general and specialist search engines and directories, with a focus on New Zealand (NZ) and the Pacific.